Title : Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi)
ASIN : B007P4VOWC
Description : Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi).Galaxy Tab 2 is endowed with a striking WSVGA 7 Inch PLS TFT LCD touch screen display that boasts a 1024 x 600 resolution.Ports and Connectors: 1 x 3.5mm Audio, 1 x microSD Slot,1 x Docking Connector, Interface: USB 2.0. Battery Life: Music Playback (Up to 77 Hours),Battery Life: Video Playback(Up to 6 Hours).
Keep yourself entertained at home and on the road with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0). Weighing just 12 ounces and sporting a vibrant 7-inch touchscreen display, the Galaxy Tab 2 runs the Android 4.0 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) operating system and is powered by a 1.0 GHz dual-core processor to help you achieve maximum usage across various demanding applications.
Access the Internet and stream media over your home network via ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi. And with the Smart Remote app and built-in IR Blaster, you can watch and control your TV content–all from the palm of your hand. The Galaxy Tab offers full support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for accessing Flash-enabled websites, watching video and playing games.
Designed to fit in one hand, typing messages or notes is simple and easy with the Galaxy Tab’s virtual QWERTY keyboard. It’s outfitted with a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera for photo capture and sharing as well as a VGA front-facing camera for video chat. Other features include 8 GB of internal memory, microSD memory expansion (for up to 32 GB of expansion via optional cards), Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, and GPS for navigation and location services.
from your home screen (view larger).
The Power of Android 4.0
With the Android 4.0 OS (aka, Ice Cream Sandwich), you can enjoy the most ramped up, up to the minute features and multitudes of apps supported by new the ICS technology. You’ll get an evolved, intuitively designed UI that transitions seamlessly across all your applications, plus enhanced web browsing, faster overall response, and easier accessibility to preloaded Google Mobile apps including YouTube, Google Search, Maps, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Galaxy Tab 2 brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search, Gtalk, Google+, and contacts/calendar synchronization. And through Google Play, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications and fun games to download and install on your tablet, with many more apps being added every day.
Samsung’s Media Hub (view larger).
Samsung’s Video Hub is your personal video store concierge–1,000+ titles and counting–with virtually no wait time during progressive downloads so that you can enjoy video contents right away. Forget lugging around stacks of books–Readers Hub lets you delve into the intimate pleasures of digital reading, a wealth of e-books on your own personal screen. Additionally, Music Hub provides a full music store loaded with your favorite tunes. And Game Hub is your go-to source for premium and multi-player games, letting you jump into action any time, wherever you are.
You can immediately check out top e-books, latest hit songs, premium games, and recent video releases. The home screen layout maximizes your experience of Samsung Hub services by providing direct access to apps you use all the time.
Stay Connected with Friends
Samsung’s ChatON app connects your friends and acquaintances across devices and platforms in a more expressive, dynamic way with unique features like Group Chat, Multimedia Transmission, Buddy Interaction, and more. You can also engage in spur-of-the-moment group video sessions with Google+ Hangouts as easily as bumping into somebody on the street.
Stream Video and Music via AllShare Play
AllShare Play melds digital content from different networked devices into one seamless flow–it’s almost like having one device. You have the freedom to download photos or movies to store, then push to watch later on your Samsung HDTV. AllShare Play also acts as a gateway to web storage services where you can conveniently and securely upload and backup your data for safekeeping or sharing.
up to 32 GB in size (view larger).
- Operating system: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 7-inch multitouch screen (1024 x 600 pixels)
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Internal memory: 8 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- Memory expansion: microSD cards (up to 32 GB in size)
- Cameras: 3-megapixel rear; VGA (640 x 480) front
- Wireless connectivity: Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
- Ports: 1 USB 2.0 (host); 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, digital compass, light, proximity
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 4.8 x 0.41 inches
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Documents: Word (.doc .docx .txt .hwp .rtf); Excel (.xls .xlsx .csv); PowerPoint (.ppt .pptx .pps); PDF
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AC-3, AMR, FLAC, MID, WMA, WAV, OGG
- Images: GIF, AGIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, WBMP, WEBP
- Video: Playback up to Full HD 1080p @ 30 fps (frames per second) with following compatibility:
- Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, VP8
- Format: 3GP, ASF, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MKV, WebM
- Core apps: Contacts, Alarm/Clock, S Planner, Camera, Gallery, Photo Editor, Video Maker, Web Browser, My Files, Email, Calculator, World Clock, Task Manager, Music Player, Video Player, Navigation
- Google services: Google Search, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube, Latitude, Places, Google Maps, Google +, Google + Messenger, Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Music, Google Play Videos
- Samsung apps: AllShare (DLNA), ChatON, S-Memo, Smart Remote
- Samsung Hub widgets: Media Hub, Game Hub, Music Hub, Readers Hub (Kobo, Zinio, NPD),
- Additional apps and services: Amazon Kindle, Polaris Office, Dropbox, Netflix
What’s in the Box
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); USB cable; charger; operating instructions
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
- 7-inch Multitouch Screen (1024 x 600)
- 8GB Internal Memory; microSD expansion up to 32GB
- Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
- 1GHz Dual-Core Processor; 1GB RAM
List Price : $199.99
Price : $199.00
Saved Price : $0.99
Item Page Detail URL : link
Rating : 4.3
Review : Why I prefer the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to the Kindle Fire
I have a Kindle Fire and do enjoy using it (for the most part) — love the form factor, enjoy the apps that I can get for it and am very pleased with the Kindle eReader app and ability to share books across all our Kindles. But when we were offered an opportunity to check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 a few days early, we jumped at the chance. The Kindle Fire is great at what it does, but its custom Android O/S, non-standard Web browser, limited selection of apps, lack of expandable storage and lack of Bluetooth support leave me cold.
I’ve experienced multiple issues trying to browse web sites with the Kindle’s Silk browser which work fine on the Galaxy Tab 2 and other full-fledged Android devices. Although Flash videos can be played on the Kindle Fire (if you enable Flash in the Silk browser’s…